by Mike Masnick
Fri, Apr 4th 2008 5:21am
Following the brouhaha that erupted earlier this week after Creative Labs took down forum posts from a driver modder, the company has given in and restored the posts, recognizing that it needed to do so for PR reasons. However, the statement that it released to The Register (at the link) basically says that everyone misunderstood Creative's position. Creative claims it was only worried about other company's IP being infringed, which could potentially put everyone in legal hot water. That could be true, but it still handled the whole thing rather awkwardly.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Trump Still Falsely Taking Credit For Sprint Jobs He Had Nothing To Do With
- Google Goes On The Offensive Against Troll Armed With Old Mp3 Player Patent
- Sprint Customer Listening Tour Goes Sour, Company Has To Pull Ad Calling T-Mobile A 'Ghetto'
- Released Documents Show NSA Actually Surprised To Find Itself Portrayed Negatively In Popular Culture
- Potential Patent Infringement Threatens To Doom Highly Anticipated Open Source Project