by Mike Masnick
Thu, Apr 3rd 2008 12:22am
I'm a bit surprised by this, but apparently google.com has been inaccessible from the UK for a week. I'm sure our many UK readers will chime in shortly to confirm or deny this, but apparently there's been a technical problem. Google.co.uk has been accessible this whole time, but the original .com address doesn't resolve. Two things seem odd about this: the fact that it's lasted a week and that this hasn't garnered very much news.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Google Report: 99.95 Percent Of DMCA Takedown Notices Are Bot-Generated Bullshit Buckshot
- European News Publishers Still Believe They Have The Right To Make Google Pay For Sending Traffic Their Way
- UK Schools Experiment With Police-Style Body Cameras To Tackle 'Low-level Background Disorder'
- After Passing Worst Surveillance Law In A Democracy, UK Now Proposes Worst Anti-Whistleblowing Law
- First Look At UK Piracy Alert System: Mostly Benign, Except ISPs Are Requesting Filesharing Software Be Removed By Clients