by Mike Masnick
Wed, Apr 2nd 2008 9:44pm
theodp writes "Remember those cute Highlights for Children rebus stories that pair pictures with words? Well, Microsoft has laid claim to a patent for bringing the same concept to your e-mail and the web, replacing words with corporate logos (logocons in Microsoft parlance), which may someday make the web look like this."
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- China Files A Million Patents In A Year, As Government Plans To Increase Patentability Of Software
- Stupid Patent Of The Month: Movies From The Cloud
- Russia Orders LinkedIn's Service To Be Blocked, Supposedly For Failing To Store Personal Data Locally
- Sony Wants To Patent A System For Scoring Journalists' 'Veracity'
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 97: Can Tech Be Trusted Without Antitrust?