by Mike Masnick
Wed, Apr 2nd 2008 9:44pm
theodp writes "Remember those cute Highlights for Children rebus stories that pair pictures with words? Well, Microsoft has laid claim to a patent for bringing the same concept to your e-mail and the web, replacing words with corporate logos (logocons in Microsoft parlance), which may someday make the web look like this."
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 119: Does Pharma Really Need Patents?
- For World 'Intellectual Property' Day, A Reading From Thomas Macaulay
- Microsoft Follows Valve Down The Road Of Refunds On Digital Game Purchases
- Microsoft Latest Service Provider To Pry A National Security Letter Free From Its Gag Order
- EFF Goes To Court To Stop Australian Patent Troll From Stifling Free Speech