by Mike Masnick
Wed, Mar 26th 2008 6:51pm
It's always amusing when errant emails get sent around. For example, we still get plenty of emails every day from people angry at Amazon.com for the way Amazon signs people up for their Amazon Prime program (the way it's billed on credit cards, we're the first Google search on the name, and people who don't read, somehow think that we, at Techdirt, billed them). Slashdot points us to an amusing article about the guy who owns DoNotReply.com, which is now set up as a blog highlighting some of the more ridiculous emails he gets. The reason he gets so many emails is many systems just put "donotreply" in the "from" field, and people still reply -- and it all goes to this guy. Most interesting is that he's given up explaining this to people (except in a few exceptional cases), because they tend to just get angry at him.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Another Court Says Personal Email Accounts Still Subject To Public Records Requests
- Actual Creators Of Email Not At All Happy The Fake Creator Of Email Got Paid For His Bogus Claim
- Here's The Truth: Shiva Ayyadurai Didn't Invent Email
- Ridiculous: Nick Denton Settles Remaining Charles Harder Lawsuits, Agrees To Delete Perfectly True Stories
- Yahoo Asks James Clapper To Please Let It Talk About The Email Scanning It Did For The Government