by Mike Masnick
Wed, Mar 26th 2008 6:51pm
It's always amusing when errant emails get sent around. For example, we still get plenty of emails every day from people angry at Amazon.com for the way Amazon signs people up for their Amazon Prime program (the way it's billed on credit cards, we're the first Google search on the name, and people who don't read, somehow think that we, at Techdirt, billed them). Slashdot points us to an amusing article about the guy who owns DoNotReply.com, which is now set up as a blog highlighting some of the more ridiculous emails he gets. The reason he gets so many emails is many systems just put "donotreply" in the "from" field, and people still reply -- and it all goes to this guy. Most interesting is that he's given up explaining this to people (except in a few exceptional cases), because they tend to just get angry at him.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Order This Weekend To Get The Next Batch Of Techdirt Gear!
- Some New Techdirt T-Shirts (And Hoodies, And More...)
- FBI Changes FOIA Policies, Tries To Route More Requesters To Fax Machines, Mailboxes
- Congress Tries Once Again To Require Warrants To Search Emails
- Lock Them Up! Trump Staff Still Using Private Republican National Committee Email Accounts