by Mike Masnick
Fri, Mar 14th 2008 3:39pm
Since when is Lou Reed an audiophile? Down at SXSW Reed gave a talk where he complained about the sound quality of MP3 technology and the fact that people didn't realize how awful they sounded. This is a complaint made by quite a few other people as well, who seem to ignore the fact that for most people and most music, MP3 technology is perfectly good enough, and the convenience of being able to carry around more, is a lot more important than a barely (if at all) noticeable change in audio quality. In the meantime, has Lou Reed listened to any of his early Velvet Underground recordings? I don't recall "audio quality" being one of the key characteristics of those songs...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Huge Casino Threatens Small Blues Club For Using The Word 'Live' In Its Name
- Macedonia Copyright Collection Group Forces All Macedonian Music Off Of All Macedonian Broadcasts
- How Pirates Shaped The Internet As We Know It
- John Oliver's Story On Campaign Music And Copyright Is... Wrong
- Thin-Skinned Chinese Govt. Declares Media War On Lady Gaga For Meeting With The Dalai Lama