by Mike Masnick
Mon, Mar 3rd 2008 12:55am
Just as the Onion is poking fun at Diebold for releasing the results of the 2008 Presidential election months early, it appears that United Technologies Corporation is attempting a hostile takeover of the company after it turned down a private offer. Diebold is mostly known these days for its controversial e-voting business (which the company has renamed "Premiere" to try to disassociate it with the Diebold name) but is also a major player in the ATM business. Whether or not UTC takes the company over, there's little doubt that Diebold has done a terrible job responding to the questions and accusations about the security and reliability of its e-voting machines. Having a company like UTC come in and take over could actually do a lot for the company to regain some trust.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- In Dodging FCC Review, AT&T's Time Warner Mega-Merger Just Got Much Easier Under Trump
- Report: Verizon Considering Comcast Merger In Supernova Of Dysfunction
- Mark Cuban Falsely Tells Congress AT&T's Latest Mega-Merger Will Be Really Wonderful For Consumers
- Why Isn't There A Central Database Of E-Voting Problems?
- Justice Department Decides To Break Up E-Voting Company