by Mike Masnick
Mon, Mar 3rd 2008 2:16pm
Just as Slashdot is reporting about the mayor of Florence suing Wikipedia comes the news that a police chief in West Yorkshire, in the UK, is so upset with the edits to his own Wikipedia entry that he's required his staff to monitor the page and make changes or revisions to it in response to critical comments left on the page. Now, obviously, having critical information about you on Wikipedia may not be pleasant, but aren't there more important things for folks in a police department to be working on?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Bernie Sanders' Campaign DMCAs Wikimedia For Hosting His Logos
- German Museum Sues Wikimedia Foundation Over Photos Of Public Domain Works Of Art
- Court Dismisses Wikimedia's Lawsuit Over NSA Surveillance
- Google Struggling To Deal With Right To Be Forgotten Requests -- Will Now Delete Wikipedia Page From Search Results
- Group Of Major PR Firms Pledge To Play Nice On Wikipedia