by Mike Masnick
Tue, Mar 4th 2008 8:08pm
We noted recently that a judge was so fed up with a pair of well-known patent attorneys that he not only overturned the verdict, but he made the attorneys pay the opposing side's legal bills. Now, in a totally separate patent battle, yet another judge has done the same exact thing. And, in what may (or may not) be a coincidence, both sets of lawyers were representing Medtronic. In both cases, they ignored the earlier parameters set on how the patent claims could be portrayed in court. It's good to see judges pushing back, though it really does say something that patent attorneys felt they could get away with this.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Does Patent Licensing by Patent Trolls - Or Anyone - Serve A Useful Purpose?
- Jury Sympathetic To Life360's CEO Sending 'Dear Piece Of Shit' Letter To Patent Troll; Says Patents Not Infringed
- Patent Not Sufficiently Broad Or Generic? Cloem Will Help You By Automatically Generating Dozens Of Nearly Identical Patents
- Supreme Court Overturns CAFC Yet Again; Explains Basic Patent Law To The 'Patent' Court
- Live By The Patent, Die By The Patent: Extreme Patent Aggressor Medtronic Loses Patent Lawsuit