by Mike Masnick
Thu, Feb 7th 2008 4:06pm
About a month ago, there was an amusing viral video getting passed around that showed various famous heavy metal guitarists, where the filmmaker dubbed over the films really, really bad guitar playing. It was incredibly well done, as the bad guitar playing was perfectly timed to the actions of the guitarists. It was clearly amusing satire -- yet at least one of the guitarists in question was a bit too sensitive about it. The video has been forced offline, and the creator has had his account cut off. The video was pretty clearly a satire on the way these guitar players play -- and it's difficult to see how the video would hurt the artists in any way. Yes, some might claim that people would think they really played that bad, but the videos seemed to be pretty clearly labeled as dubbed. Of course, like so many other efforts to make some kind of content disappear, it wouldn't be surprising to find this video showing up on other sites (and potentially getting even more attention).
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Oracle's 'Gamechanger' Evidence Really Just Evidence Of Oracle Lawyers Failing To Read
- Photographer Successfully DMCAs Trump Jr.'s Skittles Image
- Can Someone Explain To The RIAA That SOPA Didn't Actually Pass?
- Immigration Board Says You Can Be Deported For Copyright Infringement
- The EU's Proposed Copyright Directive Is Likely To Be A Wonderful Gift -- For US Internet Giants