by Mike Masnick
Fri, Feb 1st 2008 1:20am
For years and years, we've been hearing analysts talk up the prospects of the mobile porn market with little to no evidence that it's more than a niche market. Almost all of the analyst estimates are based on assumptions concerning how VCR technology and the internet were both driven by huge demand for pornographic content. It's natural to then assume that the mobile industry will go down the same path. However, that ignores why VCRs and the internet worked well for adult entertainment. Both allowed a better quality offering to be viewed in the privacy of your own home. Mobile porn is the opposite. It's a lower quality product that you can now view out in public. That seems a lot less appealing. So, take it with a pretty large grain of salt when analyst firms insist that mobile porn is about to be a big thing. These are the same firms that have been predicting huge growth for mobile porn for a while, with little to back it up. Yes, there is some market for mobile porn, but it's hard to see it being as big as some of these predictions make it out to be.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- AT&T Already Backing Off Its Biggest Time Warner Merger Promise: Cheaper TV
- Washington Post Falsely Claims Russia Hacked Vermont Utility, Because OMG RUSSIANS!
- Trump Still Falsely Taking Credit For Sprint Jobs He Had Nothing To Do With
- Telegram Now Being Targeted By Politicians Because Terrorists (Also) Use It
- Trump Takes Undeserved Credit For Softbank Investment & Job Promises, As Company Sells Him On A T-Mobile Sprint Merger