by Mike Masnick
Wed, Jan 30th 2008 6:44am
This probably won't come as much of a surprise, but a new study shows that guys are much more likely than women to overestimate how secure their computers really are. The truth, however, is that both men and women are usually equally vulnerable. Of course, the study was paid for by a security company, so you might want to take it with a grain of salt. For example, while it talks about vulnerabilities, it doesn't seem to say who is actually getting infected with malware more often.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- FTC Sues D-Link For Pretending To Give A Damn About Hardware Security
- After Lawsuits And Denial, Pacemaker Vendor Finally Admits Its Product Is Hackable
- Ex-MI6 Boss: When It Comes To Voting, Pencil And Paper Are 'Much More Secure' Than Electronic Systems
- Stupid Patent Of The Month: Carrying Trays On A Cart
- European Information Security Advisory Says Mandating Encryption Backdoors Will Just Make Everything Worse