by Mike Masnick
Wed, Jan 30th 2008 6:44am
This probably won't come as much of a surprise, but a new study shows that guys are much more likely than women to overestimate how secure their computers really are. The truth, however, is that both men and women are usually equally vulnerable. Of course, the study was paid for by a security company, so you might want to take it with a grain of salt. For example, while it talks about vulnerabilities, it doesn't seem to say who is actually getting infected with malware more often.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Smart Vibrator Company To Pay $3.75 Million For Private Data Collection
- Consumer Reports Proposes Open Source Security Standard To Keep The Internet Of Things From Sucking
- CIA Leaks Unsurprisingly Show The Internet Of Broken Things Is A Spy's Best Friend
- 'Smart' Stuffed Animal Company Leaves Voice, Other Data Of Millions Publicly Exposed
- German Regulators Urge Parents To Destroy WiFi Connected Doll Over Surveillance Fears