by Mike Masnick
Wed, Jan 30th 2008 6:44am
This probably won't come as much of a surprise, but a new study shows that guys are much more likely than women to overestimate how secure their computers really are. The truth, however, is that both men and women are usually equally vulnerable. Of course, the study was paid for by a security company, so you might want to take it with a grain of salt. For example, while it talks about vulnerabilities, it doesn't seem to say who is actually getting infected with malware more often.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Another Lawsuit Highlights How Many 'Smart' Toys Violate Privacy, Aren't Secure
- Israeli Government Pushes National Biometric Database With Claims Of Security Superiority Nobody Thinks Are True
- Not Even Your Light Bulbs Are Safe From Shitty Internet Of Things Security
- If You Want To Believe This Country Is Falling Apart, Just Ask Those Who Are Supposed To Be Keeping It Together
- FBI Investigating New Information Regarding Hillary Clinton... Because Of The Anthony Weiner Sexting Investigation