by Mike Masnick
Fri, Feb 1st 2008 12:21pm
We've already talked about how Ray Niro, a well-known patent attorney, has been filing lawsuits over a patent he claims covers any website with a JPEG image. He's been known to particularly target his critics. It appears that all of the attention this patent has generated, has resulted in at least one party filing with the Patent Office to request a re-exam of the patent. While the patent has already gone through a re-exam in the past, and only this one claim survived, it would be nice to get it completely rejected.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Guy Who Inspired The Term 'Patent Troll' May Be Leaving The Patent Trolling Business
- Patent Troll Sues eBay For Daring To Ask Patent Office For Patent Re-Exam
- Why Do We Assume Patents Are Valid When Patent Office's Own Numbers Show They Get Things Wrong All The Time?
- People Concerned About Paul Allen's Ridiculous Patent Claims Gets USPTO To Begin Re-Exams Of His Patents
- Infamous Niro JPEG Patent Smacked Down Again