by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jan 10th 2008 6:37pm
While the FBI has regularly decided that court orders aren't necessary for wiretaps, it is a bit surprising to find out that it seems to feel the same way about paying the bills for wiretaps. Newly released info show that the FBI often failed to pay its wiretapping bills, leading one telco to cut off the FBI's wiretaps until it finally paid up. Given how screwed up the FBI's computer systems are, perhaps it's not surprising that they don't have an acceptable accounts payable system either.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- The FBI's Megaupload Domains Are Now Hosting Porn Ads
- Arrest Warrant Issued For District Attorney Involved In DEA's California Wiretap Warrant Mill
- FBI Apparently Made Darkweb Child Porn Site Faster During Its Hosting Of Seized Server
- FBI Almost Entirely Arbitrary In Redacting Info On Freedom Of Information Requests
- FBI Sent Informant Into Mosque To Find Terrorists... Mosque Gets Restraining Order And Reports Him To The FBI