by Mike Masnick
Mon, Jan 7th 2008 8:33pm
Engadget and Gizmodo are shoveling post after post on this week's CES (aren't they supposed to help us cut through all the noise, rather than adding to it?) and it occurred to me that it makes almost no sense for anyone to launch new consumer electronics products this week. There's no way to stand out against the zillion other product releases. Even if you can get a post on one of the gadget blogs, you're probably off of the front page in 30 seconds or so. However, one way to stand out and get some attention is to come up with what may be the most ridiculous combination of gadgets out there: a taser holster that includes a 1GB mp3 player. I'm not quite sure what this is saying? Are police officers supposed to be enjoying their tunes as they tase someone into submission? And I'm not even going to touch on the fact that the latest Taser devices are now available in stylish leopard print skins. There's been a ton of controversy over just how dangerous taser devices really are... and their response is to offer an MP3 player and more stylish devices? Seems like a bit of a disconnect.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Border Patrol Agents Tase Woman For Refusing To Cooperate With Their Bogus Search
- LAPD's Body Cams To Be Synced To Taser Deployment
- Awesome Stuff: CES Edition
- Cops And Schools Collide Again: School Fight Ends With Tased Teen In Medically-Induced Coma
- Cop Shoots Cuffed Teen In The Face With A Taser, Claims He 'Feared For His Safety' [UPDATED]