by Mike Masnick
Mon, Nov 12th 2007 5:22pm
Technology stocks have been getting battered over the last few days, which is why it stood out to folks like Eric Savitz at Barron's that Cognos stock jumped on no particular news last Friday. It was one of very few tech stocks heading up, so it clearly stood out. Since the company had been subject to various acquisition rumors, it wasn't too surprising to hear Monday morning that IBM was buying Cognos for $5 billion -- but it has folks like Savitz wondering if the SEC is on the trail of whoever was clearly trading on that info on Friday.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- DailyDirt: Technology For Lawyers
- Can Some Internet Memes Finally Get Congress To Pass New Legislation To Protect Your Privacy Online?
- DailyDirt: AI Image Recognition Is Still A Bit Buggy
- Sen. Rockefeller Sitting On FOIA Improvement Act, Despite Two Unanimous Votes In Favor Of Passage
- Is It A Shakedown When The Gov't Does It? SEC Much Less Likely To Prosecute You If You're A Big Campaign Funder