by Mike Masnick
Mon, Nov 12th 2007 5:22pm
Technology stocks have been getting battered over the last few days, which is why it stood out to folks like Eric Savitz at Barron's that Cognos stock jumped on no particular news last Friday. It was one of very few tech stocks heading up, so it clearly stood out. Since the company had been subject to various acquisition rumors, it wasn't too surprising to hear Monday morning that IBM was buying Cognos for $5 billion -- but it has folks like Savitz wondering if the SEC is on the trail of whoever was clearly trading on that info on Friday.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- IBM Wants To Patent A Printer That Won't Let You Output Unauthorized Copies
- SEC And Chuck Grassley Still Trying To Stop Email Privacy Act That Got UNANIMOUS Support In The House
- DailyDirt: Thinking Machines
- Congress Might Actually Be Moving Forward On Fixing Outdated Email Privacy Law!
- SEC, DOJ And Law Enforcement Want To Rewrite Email Privacy Law Update... In Their Favor