by Mike Masnick
Mon, Nov 12th 2007 5:22pm
Technology stocks have been getting battered over the last few days, which is why it stood out to folks like Eric Savitz at Barron's that Cognos stock jumped on no particular news last Friday. It was one of very few tech stocks heading up, so it clearly stood out. Since the company had been subject to various acquisition rumors, it wasn't too surprising to hear Monday morning that IBM was buying Cognos for $5 billion -- but it has folks like Savitz wondering if the SEC is on the trail of whoever was clearly trading on that info on Friday.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- DailyDirt: It's Not Just A Good Idea... It's Moore's Law
- LA School District's iPad Farce Reaches Nadir As Officials Demand Refunds From Apple, Answer Questions From The SEC
- SEC Boss Can't Keep Her Story Straight On Whether Or Not SEC Snoops Through Your Emails Without A Warrant
- DailyDirt: Recipes Analyzed By Algorithms
- Can Some Internet Memes Finally Get Congress To Pass New Legislation To Protect Your Privacy Online?