by Mike Masnick
Tue, Oct 9th 2007 5:33pm
Anyone have a circa 1993 copy of Computer Shopper magazine/catalog out there? You might want to open to any random old page and see who Gateway is going to merge with next. Back in August, Acer announced plans to buy Gateway -- and while the announcement included some info about intentions to also roll Packard Bell into the deal, that part of the deal has only just been confirmed. Basically, Acer is giving Gateway the money to buy Packard Bell, which will then be included in the Acer acquisition. Of course, Gateway also bought eMachines a few years back, though that's one company that didn't exist back in the 1993 Computer Shopper era. However, if you do remember Computer Shopper in those days, it was dominated by ads from these companies, along with Dell and Micron. Are there still any other mostly forgotten also-ran PC makers from the early 90's that are available for the new Acer/Gateway/PackardBell to buy?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Yes, The Democratic National Committee Flat Out Lied In Claiming No Donor Financial Info Leaked
- Study Shows Lenovo, Other OEM Bloatware Still Poses Huge Security Risk
- Heart Surgery Stalled For Five Minutes Thanks To Errant Anti-Virus Scan
- SGI Back From The Dead (Again) And Suing Tons Of Companies For Patent Infringement
- CyberSitter Sues The Chinese Government (In Los Angeles) Over Green Dam Filters