by Mike Masnick
Thu, Sep 20th 2007 9:47am
Investors do all sorts of odd things in trying to get the stocks they like to go up, rather than down. However, there's a limit -- and apparently one guy went way past that limit in trying to boost the stock of networking firm 3com. He sent bomb threats to 17 different investment firms, demanding that they boost the stock. Apparently, he actually did send two bombs, though it doesn't sound like they exploded. Either way, if you suddenly feel that you need to send bombs (or even just threats) to investment banks to make your investments rise, perhaps you should consider different investment opportunities.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Donald Trump's Clueless Lawyer Threatens Press, Says It's Ok To Rape Your Spouse
- Shocking: Software Used To Monitor UK Students Against Radicalization Found To Be Exploitable
- A Lesson In How Not To Do A Defamation Threat, Courtesy Of Lawyer Casey Cummings
- Payroll Giant ADP And Zenefits Get Into Ridiculous Spat That Has Already Resulted In A Lawsuit
- Can't Innovate? Litigate! 3Com Goes Patent Lawsuit Ballistic