by Mike Masnick
Thu, Aug 9th 2007 9:44am
Remember back when the Segway was going to change the face of modern transportation? We were told that they were going to re-architect cities for the sake of the Segway. Of course, that never happened. Now, even its biggest fans are losing their enthusiasm for the device. Apparently, the Segway Enthusiasts Club of America is disbanding. Turns out that people really aren't that enthusiastic about Segways any more. The group is disbanding over lack of activity and the fact that no one wanted to be on its board. It's been well documented that the Segway never came anywhere close to living up to the hype, and over the years it's gone through one strategy after another as it seemed to have more executive changes than customer wins. However, having your "enthusiast" user group completely shut down is a pretty damning exclamation point on how low the Segway has sunk.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- DailyDirt: Personal Mobility Devices
- DailyDirt: Personal Mobility Hasn't Been Perfected Yet...
- DailyDirt: Rideables Aren't Quite Ready To 'Change Lives, Cities And Ways Of Thinking'
- DailyDirt: These Robotic Exoskeletons Were Made For Walking...
- DailyDirt: Wearing Technology On Your Sleeve (Or In Your Brain)