by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jul 27th 2007 2:11am
Frank writes in to let us know that the latest news on the next generation DVD battle that almost no one cares about. Apparently, crooks favor the Blu-ray standard. At least that's the story concerning some thieves who broke into a video store last weekend and made off with a bunch of Blu-ray DVDs, but left all the competing HD DVDs. Somehow, I doubt that Sony will use its favor among thieves as part of the marketing campaign for Blu-ray.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Universal Music's Latest Bet On The Future: People Will Buy Music On Plastic Discs, Right?
- Indie Film Maker Is Creating A DRM-Free Open HD Video Format
- DRM Strikes Again: Samsung Blu-ray Firmware Update Means No Warner Or Universal Movies
- Avatar Blu-Ray Customers Not Enjoying Their DRM-Crippled Discs
- Blu-Ray's Managed Copy Appears To Be Another Hollywood Disaster In The Making