DailyDirt: You Can't Believe Everything You See
from the urls-we-dig-up dept
We’ve mentioned some interesting CGI work before, but the field of advanced video processing just continues to be amazing. Big Hollywood budgets won’t be necessary if CGI software keeps getting better and better. Here are some cool clips we’ve seen.
- Fix your shaky home movies with some image stabilization software. A nice benefit from military research to make your kid’s first birthday videos watchable without Dramamine. [url]
- Being John Malkovich could be a lot easier than crawling down some dark tunnel. Malkovich, Malkovich, Malkovich…. [url]
- Disney and Carnegie Mellon researchers are working on software to make animated faces look more realistic. And actors will eventually need to be Andy Serkis. [url]
- This HDR video system merges three simultaneous images to obtain some really cool-looking shots. The software that creates these videos lets the director choose some nice lighting effects. [url]
- To discover more tech-related content, check out what’s currently floating around the StumbleUpon universe. [url]
By the way, StumbleUpon can recommend some good Techdirt articles, too.