DailyDirt: I Believe That Robots Are The Future. Teach Them Well, And Let Them Lead The Way…
from the urls-we-dig-up dept
Robots are incredibly useful machines that are becoming more and more important for everyone. Kids are building them. Robots are building more robots. Pretty soon, we’ll be surrounded by robots… oh sorry Roomba, we already are. Here are some cool videos and some examples of robots that are helping us out (and not trying to enslave us).
- Watch a solid block of aluminum get carved into a racing helmet by a fancy robotic drill. Injection molding is so 20th century. [url]
- Protei is an autonomous sailing robot that will try to remove surface oil pollution from the ocean — aiming to help out cleaning up the BP Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill. This Kickstarter project has been funded with over $30,000 to build a full scale prototype. [url]
- The Landroids is a team of kids who like to build Lego robots — and offer encouragement to other kids who might enter the Google Science Fair. And they put in 20-30 hours per week on their robot-building projects! [url]
- The next robot to go to Mars is called Curiosity, and it’s pretty big — about twice as long as the previous Mars rovers. Hopefully, Curiosity won’t kill
catsaliens on Mars… [url]
- To discover more interesting AI-related content, check out what’s currently floating around the StumbleUpon universe. [url]
By the way, StumbleUpon can recommend some good Techdirt articles, too.