Steve Jobs Fires Latest Salvo In Apple-Moto War Of Words

from the no-lovefest-here dept

The “we’re a happy family” act between Apple and Motorola lasted for about 15 minutes after the launch of the iTunes phone, until Apple completely stole the thunder by unveiling the iPod nano. The verdict? Boo for the ROKR, which hasn’t sold well, and yay for the nano, which has. This, of course lead to Moto’s CEO saying “screw the nano,” while an Apple exec later trashed the ROKR. Now, Steve Jobs — who labeled working on the ROKR as a learning experience for Apple — has made the latest statement, or non-statement, really. He said in an interview that Apple isn’t done with mobile phones, adding “Cingular has been great to work with” — leaving out any mention of its actual handset partner. It really sounds like the Apple-Motorola partnership is finished, with the question now being if Apple will work with another manufacturer or finally bring out the long-rumored “iPhone” on its own.

Rate this comment as insightful
Rate this comment as funny
You have rated this comment as insightful
You have rated this comment as funny
Flag this comment as abusive/trolling/spam
You have flagged this comment
The first word has already been claimed
The last word has already been claimed
Insightful Lightbulb icon Funny Laughing icon Abusive/trolling/spam Flag icon Insightful badge Lightbulb icon Funny badge Laughing icon Comments icon

Comments on “Steve Jobs Fires Latest Salvo In Apple-Moto War Of Words”

Subscribe: RSS Leave a comment
Boo says:


I was looking forward to the eventual release of an iPhone, until Jobs pinned his colours to the mast with the whole video download thing. Rather than complete his media centre iMac by including TV watch/record features, he chose to attempt to charge us to buy poor quality video downloads. Shame…

We can no doublt look forward to mobile access to iTunes being restricted to gprs/ 3g downloads rather than sync with itunes… or something equally crap the delivers 90% – at least we can count on someone hacking the remaining 10% on!

Add Your Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Have a Techdirt Account? Sign in now. Want one? Register here

Comment Options:

Make this the or (get credits or sign in to see balance) what's this?

What's this?

Techdirt community members with Techdirt Credits can spotlight a comment as either the "First Word" or "Last Word" on a particular comment thread. Credits can be purchased at the Techdirt Insider Shop »

Follow Techdirt

Techdirt Daily Newsletter

Techdirt Deals
Techdirt Insider Discord
The latest chatter on the Techdirt Insider Discord channel...