Family's Life Saved Via The Internet
from the feel-good-Friday dept
Well, here’s a nice feel good Friday story for you. There have been similar stories about people preventing their online friends from successfully committing suicide, but this is the first time I’ve heard of an internet-based life-saving like this. Apparently, a mother and son in the UK had been chatting with an “internet friend” in West Virginia, who was describing how her and her family were way too sleepy. The symptoms sounded like carbon monoxide poisoning, and when the woman in WV dozed off mid-sentence, the guy in the UK
called police in West Virginia to alert them. Of course, this being the internet, he only knew her name and the general area she lived in. The police found them, and rescued them from a leaking gas pipe that was, indeed, causing carbon monoxide poisoning.