MMS Wireless Revenues to Be Content Driven

Juniper Research believes that MMS revenues will hit $8.3 billion by 2004. 69 percent of those revenues will come from MMS content delivery. The other 31 percent will come from peer-to-peer messaging. Their predictions reflect something that we’ve thought for a while, MMS is about more than just picture messaging, it’s a rich content delivery mechanism. As handset UIs improve and MMS interoperability is put in place, person-to-person messaging could match content delivery revenues.

Add Your Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Have a Techdirt Account? Sign in now. Want one? Register here

Comment Options:

Make this the or (get credits or sign in to see balance) what's this?

What's this?

Techdirt community members with Techdirt Credits can spotlight a comment as either the "First Word" or "Last Word" on a particular comment thread. Credits can be purchased at the Techdirt Insider Shop »

Follow Techdirt

Techdirt Daily Newsletter

Techdirt Deals
Techdirt Insider Discord
The latest chatter on the Techdirt Insider Discord channel...