There's plenty of mobile virus FUD to go around, but this one takes the cake. A number of Pakistani subscribers have been calling their mobile operators after a rumor that they were going to die from a virus being spread by mobile-phone messages. Religious authorities even made announcements noting the deaths from the virus, and told people to beware God's wrath. Wonder what F-Secure's response to this will be...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Holy See (The Pope) Criticizes TPP And TAFTA/TTIP In WTO Speech
- Xbox, PS4 Games Hitting Swearing Gamers With Technical Fouls
- A Tour Through The Bizarre Mind Of An NSA Defender: Discrediting Activists By Using Their Porn Surfing Is Just Like Journalism!
- If You Don't Care About The NSA Because You 'Haven't Done Anything Wrong,' You're Wrong
- Ft. Worth Police Department Offers *Real* Apology For Its Assistance In The NHTSA's Blood/Saliva Sampling 'Survey'