Following news earlier this week that Verizon had signed deals to get EV-DO hardware for its network built into Dell, HP and Lenovo laptops, comes word that Cingular -- which kicked off this whole thing with a deal with Sony several months ago -- has also struck a deal with Dell for EDGE, and later, HSDPA equipment to be integrated into some of its laptops. Apparently tying people to long-term contracts for their phone isn't enough anymore, carriers want to lock you to their service through your laptop, too.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- T-Mobile Bucks Another Crazy Mobile Phone Trend: Dumps International Roaming Charges
- How Ruling On WiFi Snooping Means Security Researchers May Face Criminal Liability
- DailyDirt: Get Your Own Satellite
- Court Says WiFi Isn't Radio Because It's Not Audio; Therefore WiFi Sniffing Can Be Wiretapping
- DailyDirt: Is There A Better Word For Wireless?