T-Mobile in Europe has been one of the big name telcos testing out Flarion's FLASH-OFDM technology, and like Nextel before them, it appears that users are quite happy with the technology. It shows good speeds and great latency (which, of course, is Flarion's big claim to fame). As Flarion continues to get good reviews, and IP Wireless gets orders to expand their offerings, it's still WiMax that gets all of the news, though.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- T-Mobile Bucks Another Crazy Mobile Phone Trend: Dumps International Roaming Charges
- How Ruling On WiFi Snooping Means Security Researchers May Face Criminal Liability
- DailyDirt: Get Your Own Satellite
- Court Says WiFi Isn't Radio Because It's Not Audio; Therefore WiFi Sniffing Can Be Wiretapping
- DailyDirt: Is There A Better Word For Wireless?