We've wondered in the past if customizable ringback tones (the tones you hear in your phone as you're waiting for someone you called to pick up the phone) were really anything more than a fad. Despite widespread success in Asia, ringback tones are essentially a fashion statement only. You're showing off to your friends. There's also a huge educational issue, as many users don't seem to understand or care to understand ringback tones. Well, now, it appears that some people are wondering the same thing and noting that ringback tones have been very slow to be accepted in the US, despite being on the market for a few months already.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Stopping 23andMe Will Only Delay The Revolution Medicine Needs
- Abusing The Surveillance Scandal To Punish Internet Freedom Even More
- Bruce Schneier On The Feudal Internet And How To Fight It
- US Free Trade Agreements Are Bad Not Just For The Economy, But For The Environment, Too
- James Clapper Thinks That NSA Employees Will Sell Out Our Nation After A Few Days Without A Paycheck