Glenn Fleishman reports that there are finally some real reports coming out concerning criminals who use WiFi, but it might not be that simple. Seth Godin is complaining about how everyone is closing up their networks these days, making it difficult to jump on networks when necessary and notes that the criminal threat is overblown. The "crime" isn't that people are jumping on your network to do you damage, most of the time, but that they're jumping on your network to cover their tracks somewhat -- and they're always going to find some place where they can do that.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- T-Mobile Bucks Another Crazy Mobile Phone Trend: Dumps International Roaming Charges
- How Ruling On WiFi Snooping Means Security Researchers May Face Criminal Liability
- DailyDirt: Get Your Own Satellite
- Court Says WiFi Isn't Radio Because It's Not Audio; Therefore WiFi Sniffing Can Be Wiretapping
- DailyDirt: Is There A Better Word For Wireless?