Flarion is trying to prove to people that they're still alive. Despite what appears to be the end of their highest profile trial, with Nextel, the company is now claiming that it will sign several deals in Europe. With who? Don't know. When? Can't say. So, what's the news? It appears to be just the fact that Flarion still exists. The company, which we've been told also had mass layoffs recently, also says that they're going to "enter an industry standardization process," to get FLASH-OFDM standardized. This might turn some heads, of course, who recognize that Flarion already tried to do this, but the process completely stalled out thanks, in part, to some vested interests who had no desire to see FLASH-OFDM standardized.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- T-Mobile Bucks Another Crazy Mobile Phone Trend: Dumps International Roaming Charges
- How Ruling On WiFi Snooping Means Security Researchers May Face Criminal Liability
- DailyDirt: Get Your Own Satellite
- Court Says WiFi Isn't Radio Because It's Not Audio; Therefore WiFi Sniffing Can Be Wiretapping
- DailyDirt: Is There A Better Word For Wireless?