Noting that bawdy stories and ribaldrous accounts are as highly desired domestically as in European society, Playboy is bringing its unique brand of mobile journalism back to the home continent, with a deal with mobile developer Dwango. How exactly the US reacts to porn on phones is anybody's guess. Certainly the country, of late, has shown a more puritanical bent than most foreigners East of Istanbul can understand. Carriers are likely to offer the service, but somehow through a Dwango gateway as opposed to on their own menus, which will help them keep their distance from the tawdry content, while reducing their distance from the verdant cash flow. Interestingly, Dwango also develops apps for ESPN (a division of Disney) and a (for real) online religious community that offers mobile prayer content. Hey, with just two customers like that, you could claim "A wide range of content". Mobile porn. Isn't freedom great? Just keep two hands on the steering wheel.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- T-Mobile Bucks Another Crazy Mobile Phone Trend: Dumps International Roaming Charges
- How Ruling On WiFi Snooping Means Security Researchers May Face Criminal Liability
- DailyDirt: Get Your Own Satellite
- Court Says WiFi Isn't Radio Because It's Not Audio; Therefore WiFi Sniffing Can Be Wiretapping
- DailyDirt: Is There A Better Word For Wireless?