Think these things are related? Intel decides to invest in Craig McCaw's Clearwire "me too" wireless broadband offering, and NextNet, McCaw's equipment supplier agrees to use Intel's WiMax chips, when available. Some may consider it jumpstarting the market, but others may wonder what the market really looks like when a company like Intel has to pay another company to buy its own chips.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- T-Mobile Bucks Another Crazy Mobile Phone Trend: Dumps International Roaming Charges
- How Ruling On WiFi Snooping Means Security Researchers May Face Criminal Liability
- DailyDirt: Get Your Own Satellite
- Court Says WiFi Isn't Radio Because It's Not Audio; Therefore WiFi Sniffing Can Be Wiretapping
- DailyDirt: Is There A Better Word For Wireless?