Why rush it? As wireless equipment vendors are drooling over the potential market in China (even if China continues their trend of forcing special China-only standards on the market), it seems that the Chinese government is just fine with waiting a while before assigning 3G licenses. It's still not entirely clear why they're waiting, but as long as they wait, firms that were banking on selling to the Chinese market are left waiting.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- T-Mobile Bucks Another Crazy Mobile Phone Trend: Dumps International Roaming Charges
- How Ruling On WiFi Snooping Means Security Researchers May Face Criminal Liability
- DailyDirt: Get Your Own Satellite
- Court Says WiFi Isn't Radio Because It's Not Audio; Therefore WiFi Sniffing Can Be Wiretapping
- DailyDirt: Is There A Better Word For Wireless?