Perhaps they just don't want to be associated with such an old "wireless" technology as AM/FM radio, but apparently wireless carriers are not spending much of their advertising budget advertising on radio, preferring to focus on newspapers and television instead. The study also notes that more mobile phone users tend to listen to the radio than to watch prime-time TV.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- T-Mobile Bucks Another Crazy Mobile Phone Trend: Dumps International Roaming Charges
- How Ruling On WiFi Snooping Means Security Researchers May Face Criminal Liability
- DailyDirt: Get Your Own Satellite
- Court Says WiFi Isn't Radio Because It's Not Audio; Therefore WiFi Sniffing Can Be Wiretapping
- DailyDirt: Is There A Better Word For Wireless?