The BBC is running an article talking about a huge project in the UK where the purpose seems to be to... completely recreate the television broadcast system but for mobile phones. It sounds complex, expensives... and useless. Over at TheFeature, I've written up a longer article suggesting some of the reasons people don't want television recreated on their mobile phones. There may be room for video, but it needs to take into account the interactive and "on-the-go" nature of the mobile phone as a communications platform.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- T-Mobile Bucks Another Crazy Mobile Phone Trend: Dumps International Roaming Charges
- How Ruling On WiFi Snooping Means Security Researchers May Face Criminal Liability
- DailyDirt: Get Your Own Satellite
- Court Says WiFi Isn't Radio Because It's Not Audio; Therefore WiFi Sniffing Can Be Wiretapping
- DailyDirt: Is There A Better Word For Wireless?