This was rumored a few weeks ago, but now it's official: Telstra is going to share Hutchison's W-CDMA 3G network in Australia. What's odd, of course, is that Telstra is already building out an EV-DO network and testing out Flarion's wireless broadband technology. Basically, it looks like they're trying to cover all bases -- which seems like a pretty expensive strategy.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- T-Mobile Bucks Another Crazy Mobile Phone Trend: Dumps International Roaming Charges
- How Ruling On WiFi Snooping Means Security Researchers May Face Criminal Liability
- DailyDirt: Get Your Own Satellite
- Court Says WiFi Isn't Radio Because It's Not Audio; Therefore WiFi Sniffing Can Be Wiretapping
- DailyDirt: Is There A Better Word For Wireless?