Apparently, AT&T Wireless has let its success with American Idol go to its head. The company, that sponsored American Idol and let AT&T Wireless customers only SMS in their votes, is now trying out somewhat pointless SMS promotions with McDonald's and Kellogg's. In both cases (again) you can only play if you're an AT&T Wireless customer, which is bad for an industry that is trying to promote SMS text messaging. Do they really think that someone is going to sign up for AT&T Wireless just to get a chance to answer trivia questions in their McDonald's bag?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- T-Mobile Bucks Another Crazy Mobile Phone Trend: Dumps International Roaming Charges
- How Ruling On WiFi Snooping Means Security Researchers May Face Criminal Liability
- DailyDirt: Get Your Own Satellite
- Court Says WiFi Isn't Radio Because It's Not Audio; Therefore WiFi Sniffing Can Be Wiretapping
- DailyDirt: Is There A Better Word For Wireless?