Talk about your gimmicks... Engadget tells us that Coke has filed plans with the FCC to put a specially designed mobile phone in soda cans this summer. It's designed to be part of a contest: buy a can of Coke, open it up, and you find the mobile phone inside. Press the big red button and you're immediately connected to prize central telling you that you've won a car. You can also turn on the GPS homing beacon so they can find you and deliver the car (and get the necessary action shots for their commercials). It's not entirely clear how you actually get the phone out of the can...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- T-Mobile Bucks Another Crazy Mobile Phone Trend: Dumps International Roaming Charges
- How Ruling On WiFi Snooping Means Security Researchers May Face Criminal Liability
- DailyDirt: Get Your Own Satellite
- Court Says WiFi Isn't Radio Because It's Not Audio; Therefore WiFi Sniffing Can Be Wiretapping
- DailyDirt: Is There A Better Word For Wireless?