Back when Nextel first announced their North Carolina Flarion trials of high speed wireless broadband, we mentioned that they were still (quietly) testing other technologies. When they switched the trials to an actual service, many people assumed that Nextel had chosen Flarion's tech for a nationwide rollout. While it does bode well for Flarion, other sources are now picking up on the fact that Nextel is still testing other wireless broadband technologies, specifically IP Wireless's UMTS TDD technology.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- T-Mobile Bucks Another Crazy Mobile Phone Trend: Dumps International Roaming Charges
- How Ruling On WiFi Snooping Means Security Researchers May Face Criminal Liability
- DailyDirt: Get Your Own Satellite
- Court Says WiFi Isn't Radio Because It's Not Audio; Therefore WiFi Sniffing Can Be Wiretapping
- DailyDirt: Is There A Better Word For Wireless?