Lots of talk today about IBM's announcement of a chip design breakthrough that they say could lead to much greater performance at much lower power consumption. The initial reports all sound good, but it may be a bit early to get too excited. As the article points out, just because the new chip has been designed, doesn't mean that it will perform as well in real life, or be easy to produce in volume (the killer of many chips). Still, it's a technology that sounds worth watching.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- T-Mobile Bucks Another Crazy Mobile Phone Trend: Dumps International Roaming Charges
- How Ruling On WiFi Snooping Means Security Researchers May Face Criminal Liability
- DailyDirt: Get Your Own Satellite
- Court Says WiFi Isn't Radio Because It's Not Audio; Therefore WiFi Sniffing Can Be Wiretapping
- DailyDirt: Is There A Better Word For Wireless?