We've discussed this before, but analysts keep making a big deal of the fact that "smartphones" are going to kill off PDAs. Most people simply don't care. They don't see the two products as being all that different. It's just a question of whether or not the device is connected. In the early nineties, people weren't talking about how computers with modems were killing off PCs. They knew that one was simply an extension of the other. However, it makes for a good soundbite to say that one technology is "killing off" another.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Stopping 23andMe Will Only Delay The Revolution Medicine Needs
- Abusing The Surveillance Scandal To Punish Internet Freedom Even More
- Bruce Schneier On The Feudal Internet And How To Fight It
- US Free Trade Agreements Are Bad Not Just For The Economy, But For The Environment, Too
- James Clapper Thinks That NSA Employees Will Sell Out Our Nation After A Few Days Without A Paycheck