A good column suggesting that three recent things may help improve WiFi acceptance in the corporate environment: approval of both WPA and 802.11g standards as well as Cisco launching a WiFi strategy. All of these things will make enterprises feel more comfortable using WiFi (whether or not it actually makes anything different). One amusing quote in the article, though, that I wish I had come up with: "Whatever the different markets for Wi-Fi do over the next few years, it is certain that right now there is a market for optimistic market research."
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- T-Mobile Bucks Another Crazy Mobile Phone Trend: Dumps International Roaming Charges
- How Ruling On WiFi Snooping Means Security Researchers May Face Criminal Liability
- DailyDirt: Get Your Own Satellite
- Court Says WiFi Isn't Radio Because It's Not Audio; Therefore WiFi Sniffing Can Be Wiretapping
- DailyDirt: Is There A Better Word For Wireless?