It seems that current circumstances are leading some to develop new location-based services. A mobile phone service in Hong Kong is setting up an alert system using location-based technology to let people know if they're in an area where SARS has been diagnosed. In other words, they've basically created a "start your own stampede" application. Users can also get information on which buildings in their areas have had SARS patients detected in the past so they can avoid them altogether.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- T-Mobile Bucks Another Crazy Mobile Phone Trend: Dumps International Roaming Charges
- How Ruling On WiFi Snooping Means Security Researchers May Face Criminal Liability
- DailyDirt: Get Your Own Satellite
- Court Says WiFi Isn't Radio Because It's Not Audio; Therefore WiFi Sniffing Can Be Wiretapping
- DailyDirt: Is There A Better Word For Wireless?