There was a time, not so long ago, when the "cool" mobile phone to have was a Motorola StarTac. However, over time, Nokia passed Motorola by and everyone started looking toward Finland to see what the next cool design would entail. These days the picture is a little more muddled, but Motorola has decided they want to win back that cool image, and are going to start advertising to he youth market a lot more. They're starting out with a $75 million marketing alliance with MTV. Of course, everyone is always targeting the youth market - and it's very difficult to predict what brands will catch on with kids.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- T-Mobile Bucks Another Crazy Mobile Phone Trend: Dumps International Roaming Charges
- How Ruling On WiFi Snooping Means Security Researchers May Face Criminal Liability
- DailyDirt: Get Your Own Satellite
- Court Says WiFi Isn't Radio Because It's Not Audio; Therefore WiFi Sniffing Can Be Wiretapping
- DailyDirt: Is There A Better Word For Wireless?