The Guardian looks over the successes and failures of the 3G rollouts in Japane to look at what folks in the UK should expect from their 3G rollouts. Basically, they say what we've been saying all along. Don't overhype the technology. Focus on the applications that people actually find useful - not what the carriers think is the coolest. And, don't rest on brand recognition or your laurels if you don't have much of substance to offer.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- T-Mobile Bucks Another Crazy Mobile Phone Trend: Dumps International Roaming Charges
- How Ruling On WiFi Snooping Means Security Researchers May Face Criminal Liability
- DailyDirt: Get Your Own Satellite
- Court Says WiFi Isn't Radio Because It's Not Audio; Therefore WiFi Sniffing Can Be Wiretapping
- DailyDirt: Is There A Better Word For Wireless?