RBC Capital Markets surveyed wireless stores and found that new wireless activations dropped in September from August. SprintPCS and T-Mobile were the lone exceptions in this trend. SprintPCS benefited from new phones launched with its PCS Vision service. While users are attracted to new phones with color screens and polyphonic ring tones, they aren't activating the data services the phones are designed to support. Hmm, could it be that no one understands the pricing for data?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- T-Mobile Bucks Another Crazy Mobile Phone Trend: Dumps International Roaming Charges
- How Ruling On WiFi Snooping Means Security Researchers May Face Criminal Liability
- DailyDirt: Get Your Own Satellite
- Court Says WiFi Isn't Radio Because It's Not Audio; Therefore WiFi Sniffing Can Be Wiretapping
- DailyDirt: Is There A Better Word For Wireless?