The Brits are investigating new legislation to ban use of mobiles in cars. The proposed legislation is extremely specific and will make talking in the car a luxury. It bans the use of any handsfree kit that isn't hardwired to use the car's speakers. Earbuds mics, bluetooth headsets, and any sort of easily installable hands free solution will not be permitted. The government has issued the legislation for public feedback. I can't imagine that it will get a positive response.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- T-Mobile Bucks Another Crazy Mobile Phone Trend: Dumps International Roaming Charges
- How Ruling On WiFi Snooping Means Security Researchers May Face Criminal Liability
- DailyDirt: Get Your Own Satellite
- Court Says WiFi Isn't Radio Because It's Not Audio; Therefore WiFi Sniffing Can Be Wiretapping
- DailyDirt: Is There A Better Word For Wireless?