from the urls-we-dig-up dept
The flying car is one of those futuristic technologies that will probably always remain in the future. On the other hand, there are some science fiction devices like telepresence robots that are actually becoming affordable -- and maybe even practical. Here are some examples that could be taking your place (with your permission, of course).
- The Vgo telepresence platform has gotten some publicity for letting a "bubble boy" student go to high school using a remote-controlled robot. A lot of people would probably have enjoyed high school more if they didn't actually attend in person... [url]
- Anybots has created another telepresence robot that could let more folks "work from home" using a friendly bot. But if everyone uses one of these at work, why have an office? [url]
- A hovering balloon could become a telepresence robot, too. And a floating balloon robot has the advantage of being able to float up stairs and being able to navigate challenging terrains quietly. [url]
- There may be a largely untapped industry for remote-controlled disembodied body parts. A robot tongue probably isn't the killer app for this market, though. [url]
- To discover more interesting tech-related content, check out what's currently floating around the StumbleUpon universe. [url]