from the urls-we-dig-up dept
Astronauts don't have an easy job. Getting up to space is an inherently risky trip, and then once they're up there, they need to be re-supplied with just about everything to continue to survive. But space agencies are at least trying to make things more comfortable for them. Here are just a few examples of some spaceships and amenities that could make astronauts' lives a bit nicer.
- NASA is developing a laundry machine for space stations, so that astronauts don't have to wear dirty clothes for days. No one can hear you scream in the vacuum of space, and thankfully, no one can smell your body odor, either.... [url]
- There are at least seven different space vehicles that are designed to get people into space, but the Space Shuttle still looks pretty cool in comparison to these new spacecraft. A huge balloon ride into space sounds awesome, actually. [url]
- A treatment for osteoporosis could help astronauts prevent bone mass loss while they're weightless. But the long-term solution might be to work on designing virtual gravity with rotating ship cabins.. [url]
- NASA is testing an inflatable space habitat for lengthy missions. This project could be adapted for bases on the moon, on Mars, on a big asteroid -- or just for flying through interplanetary space. [url]
- To discover more links on space exploration, check out what's floating around in StumbleUpon universe. [url]