Apparently someone posted an auction on Ebay for a "fully functional kidney" and the bidding hit $5.7M before Ebay brought it to a halt. Doubtless a joke, but a platform for interesting discussion -- I recall a professor discussing the potential for the richest bidders to skew organ transplant lists with their ability to pay. He proposed that potential receipients bid on the number of hours they would pledge to charity in exchange for their new organ. Thoughts?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- iPhone Developer Creates App Criticizing The iPhone; App Is Quickly Pulled
- Leaked HBGary Documents Show Plan To Spread Wikileaks Propaganda For BofA... And 'Attack' Glenn Greenwald
- Publishers Remove 2500 Journals From Free Access In Bangladesh; Put Them Back When People Notice
- Just Weeks After Cutting Off Wikileaks, Amazon Brags About How US Federal Gov't Is One Of Its Biggest AWS Customers?
- Oh Look, Police Can Investigate A Satirical Online Comment About Mythical Violence And Not Overreact